Saratoga County EOC Head Start Supports Low-Income Pregnant Women and Children
Saratoga County EOC Head Start houses their Infant Room at Franklin Community Center. This classroom houses 8 children between the ages of 6 weeks and 18 months. The classroom is daycare licensed with a staff of three adults. The children are offered a variety of activities to support their individual development in a nurturing environment.
Saratoga County EOC Head Start serves 434 children and pregnant women throughout Saratoga County. Head Start and Early Head Start are FREE federally funded programs for low-income pregnant women and children birth to age 5.
Head Start offers:
- Center base and home base services throughout the county. All our classrooms are daycare licensed.
- Medical, dental, health, developmental and behavioral screenings for all children.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- Disability services for children.
- Parenting support, adult education workshops, and referrals to community resources.
- Limited transportation services to parents and children.
- Volunteer and employment opportunities for parents.
- Participation in program decision making through volunteer opportunities on Policy Council and Family Committees.
We believe that parents are their child’s first and most important teacher. We offer a variety of ways for parents and guardians to become involved in their child’s program by volunteering at the site, at home or participating in program decision making through Policy Council and Family committees. FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION, PLEASE CALL 518-583-2584.
|Income guidelines for the Head Start program|
|Persons in Family||Poverty Guideline 100%||Poverty Guideline 130%|