Maybe you are the right fit!!
Part time Prevention Program Assistant
Monday-Thursdays 12:30-5 pm working with Project Lift team for after school prevention program with students in grades 1-5. $16.00/ hour.
Please send resume AND cover letter.
- Assists in planning and implementing a comprehensive after school program for children enrolled in Project Lift particularly around issues of drug and alcohol prevention.
- Conduct Project Lift program at assigned schools two times weekly October to June.
- Maintains and promotes positive social interaction and constructive behavior by directing children through discussions/activities that will help them grow in self-direction, self-esteem and building skills.
- Assists in communicating information regarding enrolled children’s status, problems or needs with the Family Outreach Coordinator.
- Guards the health and safety of each child when participating in Project Lift.
- Assists in directing and guiding volunteers assigned to the group so as to best meet the needs of youth involved.
- Receives on-going supervision and evaluation by the Family Outreach Coordinator
- Adheres to all Franklin Community Center and Project Lift policies and performs related tasks as required and maintains strict confidentiality.
All other duties deemed necessary.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree and experience working with elementary school-aged children
- Ability to relate well to children and adults, especially those families of diverse backgrounds.
- Evidence of emotional maturity, physical and emotional stability, and judgment to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Valid NYS driver’s license
Work Location: * Multiple locations
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- After school
- Day shift
Staff will be required to follow all school district COVID-19 protocols when in buildings for program.
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location